I got this from seachems website...

Leave product in place for 4 days, then test phosphate or silicate concentrations with either MultiTest™ Phosphate or MultiTest™ Silicate. If the concentration of the component you are trying to decrease has not dropped to around 0.02 mg/L, then replace the PhosGuard™, otherwise leave in place until levels begin to climb again. As long as concentrations remain under control, the product is not exhausted. Over treating is not recommended. PhosGuard™ is not an exchange resin and does not release anything into the water. It does not leach phosphate or silicate back into the water and may be removed, dried, and returned to service until exhausted. Continuous use of small quantities is better than intermittent use of larger quantities.

So the 4 day recommendation is for you to test what your trying to remove and then take the necessary actions listed above from there.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 9:54 AM, ARMYVET said:

I got this from seachems website...

Leave product in place for 4 days, then test phosphate or silicate concentrations with either MultiTest™ Phosphate or MultiTest™ Silicate. If the concentration of the component you are trying to decrease has not dropped to around 0.02 mg/L, then replace the PhosGuard™, otherwise leave in place until levels begin to climb again. As long as concentrations remain under control, the product is not exhausted. Over treating is not recommended. PhosGuard™ is not an exchange resin and does not release anything into the water. It does not leach phosphate or silicate back into the water and may be removed, dried, and returned to service until exhausted. Continuous use of small quantities is better than intermittent use of larger quantities.

So the 4 day recommendation is for you to test what your trying to remove and then take the necessary actions listed above from there.

Uffda! I don't have the test kit. However I'm pretty sure my silicate level is fairly high as I had to use play sand in my substrate. Pool filter sand is literally unavailable here. I checked with both True Value and Sentry Hardware. I ended up ordering aquarium sand from Amazon for my upcoming 20 gallon build. I used a two inch layer in my 29 so I'm sure that silicate will continue to leech into my water for quite some time.