7.5 Gallon Aquarium ideas

On 7/9/2021 at 5:25 PM, Brackon said:

I like harder to find fish but my perfect 7.5 gallon would be 6-10 Aspidoras pauciradiatus and then 8-16 Barboides gracilis. If you are really wanting species tanks then I would say getting a group of rosy loaches would be fun as they are super active. If you were to go ultra jungle and let plants get super dense I would say you could try some elassoma as they are very similar to Scarlet badis or red tiger dario as they are becoming more and more common and the few times I've seen them they always have a better male to female ratio than Scarlet badis. 

I have no idea what most of those are so I'll be copying and pasting into Google later haha. My 'fish guy' has both scarlet, red tiger and blue badis and he recommended the red tigers though he claims he gets male and female of any of them. I like them all! The red tigers are slightly bigger and deeper colours and apparently less shy too so they might be a good alternative to Scarlets. 

On 7/9/2021 at 6:03 PM, mountaintoppufferkeeper said:

I would try GBRs in one of the 7.5 gallons so long as I could keep the water parameters stable. Dean has a video on them in a 10 gallon set up for a pair. My Bolivian ram pair in an approximately 7.5 gallon that is part of my rack sump system of approximately 80 gallons total. They appear to be prepping to spawn soon and dont seem to mind the dimensions to me. 

I'm pretty sure I can keep parameters good and stable, can get whatever filtration set up I need plus planning on plants and pothos plus I've signed up to some company that sells RO water (mostly for people going like cleaning etc for a living but they talk about aquarists on their website too) I was mostly worried about them having enough swimming space. I would guess that GBRs don't need any more than Bolivians though right? So if yours are happy maybe they are back in the maybe pile haha. Bolivians too for that matter. Thanks!

On 7/9/2021 at 11:38 PM, Streetwise said:

It is a cube from Aquarium Masters/Deep Blue/Seapora. I enjoy the low-iron tanks.

Cheers!

Looks like quite a deep substrate too? Are you going for the whole denitrifying bacteria thing? Or just for the benefit of the plants? 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 11:58 PM, Streetwise said:

I am all about organic soil tanks, generally with the Walstad book as my template, although I have updated my cap formula as I have learned more. All of my journals are in my signature.

Very cool one day I'll try a walstad myself. I'll be reading through your journals!

• Like 1