I learned some new stuff about otos today and now I need to find a specific species.

ChefConfit

Today I was researching otos diets so I could buy the right repashy for them. I'm hoping it will help with getting them to spawn. While looking them up I learned a few things. 

1 they are capable of breathing air which is pretty awesome. 

2 some species of otos not only school with corys for protection but have evolved to mimic their coloration and patterns. One example is Otocinclus Flexilis which mimics Corydoras Paleatus. 

I looked up pictures and it's pretty awsome! I thought others might think so as well. 

I keep C. Paleatus and have had them spawn a few times but now I really want O. Flexilis to go in the tank with them. I've never seen them available in the hobby though. Has anyone seen them for sale? 

• Like 2

None of my local shops sell them and neither do any of the online places I look at, but you could probably ask your preferred shop if they could order them for you? Might take a while for them to source them, especially if they’re a wild caught species, but at least they’ll know to be on the lookout. 

If you’re in the US then I’d suggest trying aquahuna? 

Edited by Bobbie

When I was checking around a few months ago, I was told there was a serious shortage and would likely be long-term out of stock.  I was able to get some when I was following a different store for plants, and they advertised on Facebook (Jersey here).  They said it was supply/demand related due to this past year.