Bottem Dwellers

Nynbaul

Otos mostly eat diatom algae, so that’s just something to keep in mind. I remember Cory saying that a single Otocinclus can keep the diatom algae in check for a 30 gallon. If you put in more than 2, I think you would have to supplement the Otos with some algae wafers, zucchini, green beans, and Repashy. As long as you feed them all, I think it should be fine. 

I would consider some aquarium snails. My recommendation would be to try some mystery snails, they are pretty cool looking and get to around the size of a golfball. Also they dont reproduce a lot and when they do its easy to find their eggs and remove them. As a side note, another option that's not a bottom dweller would be Florida flagfish. I have heard however, that they can be aggressive at times. 

On 7/7/2021 at 10:20 PM, Dwayne Brown said:

I would consider some aquarium snails. My recommendation would be to try some mystery snails, they are pretty cool looking and get to around the size of a golfball. Also they dont reproduce a lot and when they do its easy to find their eggs and remove them. As a side note, another option that's not a bottom dweller would be Florida flagfish. I have heard however, that they can be aggressive at times. 

I love my all my many mystery snails but they combined are only about a tenth as good janitors as my single nerite Nemo. No reproduction in tank just eggs to remove if you get a female. 

Yeah I also recommend small aquatic snails, they’ll clear up algae like you won’t believe - otos & plecos mostly eat algae as juveniles and will stop eating it as they get older

A good fish for eating algae is mollies, although it can be difficult to keep them in freshwater if they’re not acclimatised properly