On 7/7/2021 at 9:09 PM, ARMYVET said:

Seriously though…I did not know that they were that big of a bio issue. Please explain further

Oh my yes. I keep a bare bottom tub for extra bladders for my lfs…. You would think i had a few pleco in there. I have a bare bottom tank to raise mystery babies as well and it gets horrible as they get larger like a few dizen plecos worth of poo. 

F3A3D48E-6202-41E1-ACFA-B81014414FA4.jpeg

• Like 1

Thank you @Donna, @Guppysnail, @ARMYVET, @GameCzar, and @Odd Duck for all your help. I am not worried about bio load. I have a Fluval 304 on the 90g that they are in. Waiting for it to fully cycle and the fry I found in it to grow before adding fish. Snails 🐌 are the kings of the castle for now.

Any suggestions of foods other than tank clean up?

On 7/7/2021 at 10:41 PM, ErinV said:

Thank you @Donna, @Guppysnail, @ARMYVET, @GameCzar, and @Odd Duck for all your help. I am not worried about bio load. I have a Fluval 304 on the 90g that they are in. Waiting for it to fully cycle and the fry I found in it to grow before adding fish. Snails 🐌 are the kings of the castle for now.

Any suggestions of foods other than tank clean up?

I always use bladder snails when starting a tank. They sre swesome for creating a super stable system. Waste water treatment plants get infestations of them they are super tough. 😁 if you have a magnifying glass look at them eat they are ADORABLE 🥰 

• Like 2