Should I seperate my Honey Gouramis?

MammaG

Hi! I have 2 male Honey Gouramis in an 11 gallon planted tank with hides.  The dominant male is a bit of a jerk and chases the other guy quite a bit. He hasn't nipped him, but I've seen him actually pin the other dude down and be very aggressive. Over the last couple of days, I noticed the non-dominant gourami has developed stress lines.  I'm thinking of moving the less-dominant gourami to a 9 gallon Fluval Flex that currently only has a few endlers in it.  

Do you think the Honey's are ok as singles or would that stress them out even more?

Yeah, I’d separate them too. You don’t want the weaker male getting sick and then spreading something to the stronger one. 

Male gouramis are similar to bettas in that they’re comfortable alone. 

• Like 1

Thanks @Bobbieand @Mmiller2001. You pretty much validated my plan. I made the move and the weaker fellow seems to be pretty happy exploring his new digs. He has 4 male endlers as roomates and so it's a proper frat house. LOL!

Interestingly, the stronger male now seems more active in his tank instead of staying under his bubble nest and fending off violators. 

Edited by MammaG