[UPDATE] Daniel the Betta's White Bumps

DashingDare4

I wanted to give an update on Daniel. He still has good energy and is eating well. He went back in his main tank to avoid the heat wave. The quarantine tank got up to 95*F 😅. His fins were better before the transition, but I think the stress of moving has made them a little frayed again. Since my last post the two white bumps have grown significantly and are deforming the surrounding tissue. He isn’t bothered by them yet, but I worry that they will grow to the point of affecting his swimming. Could they be tumors? Abscesses? A parasite? I haven’t noticed any other white bumps. Should I monitor or would it be worth deworming again? His tank has two live plants. Thanks for the help!

Water Parameters

pH – 8.0

Nitrate – 0

Hardness – 300

Nitrite – 0

Ammonia – 0

KH – 80

Water temperature – 77*F (no heater)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

that looks like a tumor they are really common in Bettas I would monitor him for now as long he is eating ok and his a good quality of life I would leave him be 

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

They do look suspicious for tumors, but could also be granulomas (like an abscess but very thick material instead of runny material).  Sometimes granulomas need to be opened and cleaned, and tumors can potentially be surgically removed.  Not many vets will see fish (only about 1% or less), but it might be worth a try.

• Like 2