Has any one owned a CPO crayfish before

Cohen

On 6/30/2021 at 11:37 PM, Trish said:

Yours? Do they terrorize the fish? CPO.. beautiful!

This is not mine, but they are pretty peaceful, they can even live with shrimp. But they do tend to get curious with fish with long fins! 

I kept a pair for a few months. They don't seem to like eachother at all and they'll absolutely eat my bladder, ramshorn and malaysian trumpet snails. However, they left my baby mystery snails as well as platy/swordtail fry alone. They also didn't bother any adult fish (They were also quite terrified of them)

They suddenly passed away on me, a month away from eachother. I have no clue why but I plan on trying them again at some point, very cool animal, interesting to watch!

*EDIT* They would also damage plants. They obliterated much of my dwarf hairgrass as well as eating the leaves of several other plants.

Edited by Alec2cool

• 2 years later...

I don't know if this is still currently but ive bred CPOs like crazy a couple years ago. You basically only need 2, better 3 tanks. One for the males, one for the females and one grow out tank. To breed them just put two of them in a small container (maybe 1 liter or so) with very few plants and leave them for half a day or a day. After that u put the female in the grow out tank and wait for the babies to hatch. Maybe I could help someone with this (

On 7/2/2021 at 5:57 PM, Alec2cool said:

They would also damage plants. They obliterated much of my dwarf hairgrass as well as eating the leaves of several other plants.

I have one cpo in my planted 20 gallon and she never ate any of my plants, maybe they have different tastes, like bettas. The only problem I have is that whenever I feed her, my chunky cories always steal her food! maybe I should make a food bath or something.