Cats in the house

It depends on whether you like to DIY stuff. With the price of wood what it is now, you probably aren’t going to save a lot of money building one yourself, so just buy the tree and save yourself time. But if you like to build things, then by all means, go for it!

I would also look into cat shelves. You can basically build a cat tree on your wall! 😊 The pretty ones are pricey though.

• Like 4

On 7/4/2021 at 9:14 PM, Catfish_Lover_Jane said:

Do you think making DIY cat towers/trees are better, or from the store?

Honestly get a few boxes, and they will probably spend more time in the boxes then in the tree. My cats have both. Boxes are their favorite. One will even eat the cardboard.

But if you still want a cat tree I agree with @Hobbit buy one. We got ours second hand, Its cheaper that way. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Cats are great. I'm an animal person so I got love for dogs as well. But there is something about cats. You can't force them to like you, you can't get one over on them. I like their independent streak. After 15 years one of my cats just discovered she likes sitting on laps.

• Love 3

• 1 year later...
On 7/4/2021 at 7:18 PM, Hobbit said:

Aww that’s wonderful that you got two littermates! If you have any specific questions just let me/us know. I foster kittens, and we’ve had our adult cat for 9 years. If you want some great cat advice, check out Jackson Galaxy’s YouTube channel.

Pi was just going to say the same thing about watching Jackson Galaxy’s YouTube channel. You will learn a lot. 

• Like 1

If you do get a cat tree try putting it near a window and then placing a bird feeder within sight so the cats have yet another interesting thing to watch. Here is my Bengal not watching the fish, but sleeping.  I’m sure you can see why! Adicia used to do this on top of my 55g open top and it scared me to death. I was afraid she would not be able to get out without help. (Oh that orientation thing is annoying!!)4FE3409D-ACE5-438C-926E-94EAB3485D51.jpeg.6d316bc87879cf9baca7a7f6ad0a3217.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 10:04 PM, Nanci B said:

@Jungle Fan do you have any heating pads under his favorite places to sleep? Senior cats love those. And with arthritis and muscle loss and just being creaky and older, it makes them feel better. 🥰

I second this. I have 4 heated beds total. One for my old lady dog and 3 for cats. Plus you should see my 45 pound pitty trying to tuck herself into a little cat bed. Worth buying for that alone!

• Like 1