Water Wisteria came in rough

My Co-Op order came in yesterday and the Water Wisteria seems really ragged. Lots of loose leaves and broken stem pieces in the bag. I put what was left of it in my pea puffer tank in its pot in the easy planter. For those who've kept this plant, do you think it'll survive? Any suggestions on getting it to thrive? It's in a 10 gallon with a Stingray II light and Easy Green.

IMG_0008.jpg

On 6/30/2021 at 1:16 PM, Pete said:

My Co-Op order came in yesterday and the Water Wisteria seems really ragged. Lots of loose leaves and broken stem pieces in the bag. I put what was left of it in my pea puffer tank in its pot in the easy planter. For those who've kept this plant, do you think it'll survive? Any suggestions on getting it to thrive? It's in a 10 gallon with a Stingray II light and Easy Green.

IMG_0008.jpg

I would say if the roots are ok you should be fine wisteria is very fast growing and very easy. With the stingray and ez green you should be fine I would say give it a week or so and if you haven't seen new growth by then you may want to reach out to the co-op.

• Like 2

It will 100% survive. When I changed out my substrate a year or two ago, I tore out all the overgrown wisteria because it grew entirely too dense, too quickly in my tank, and trimming it every couple days was a messy hassle. I removed all my stock from the tank, scooped out the substrate, and vacuumed the rest out. Added my new substrate and all my plants and fish back into the tank. A month or so later, I saw a leaf growing out of the eco-complete, and I didn't recognize it so I left it alone. A few weeks later, a bunch of leaves in that spot. Then it shot up like a rocket and I knew that somehow, somewhere, a tiny fragment of wisteria managed to enter the water column and settled in the new substrate. 

If it can re-grow from that, it'll outlive everything else. 

Edited by Phantom240
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1