Vallisneria not doing well

I bought a Valisnaria sp. (the not-jungle-val one) back in early Feb from ACO because Cory talked about how fast growing they are and I wanted a sort of forestry corner to my tank but now I can't really seem to get it to grow much.  The parent plants have grown to maybe 6" tall and they have about 8 runners total between the two of them, but the runners are all short and some of them have stopped growing or started to die even.  I've loaded the area up with root tabs but they don't seem to make a difference.  I'm also using easy green (1 pump in just over 10g of water, in a 14 g tank) twice a week.

Is there anything I should be doing for it?  I'm thinking of giving up on it.

gh-8

kh-4

ph-high 7's to 8.5 depending on the day and time. (about 8.5 recently)

Nitrogens: 0/0/20-40 depending on the day

temp: 24C

It can take a really, really long time for Val to take off. Sometimes it is months and months. Mine did what yours are doing until just recently and then whoosh, they covered the entire back of my 1930s aquarium. I don't know why Val does this.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

hmm.  Will it set them back worse if I move them?  or is it more about water parameters with them?  I'm thinking of putting a red melon sword in that back corner and moving a few further to the center to make room.

BBA came in on them and they're the only plant that seems to let it thrive so maybe I'll abandon the val anyway.