Freeze Dried Food

Evan

I’ve read where people say they feed freeze dried food as a treat. I feed freeze dried food twice weekly as part of my weekly food rotation with staple  flakes, staple pellets, live bbs and frozen foods. 

Is twice weekly too much for freeze dried food? Why do some people consider it to be a treat to be fed only occasionally?

I feed Hikari freeze dried from the Co-Op which has added vitamins so I’m thinking that makes it OK for regular feeding.

TIA!

My tanks get freeze-dried tubifex worms every afternoon around four or so. The fish know it and stake out the area where I put the cubes. As soon as I open the top they're all heading that way for their afternoon meal. I use six cubes in my fifty, and two in the twenty and thirty. Just one goes in the ten. I've had no issues doing that and I've been doing that for a couple of years now. I buy a half pound of tubifex worm cubes at a time. 

On 6/29/2021 at 7:55 PM, Nuggets Beard said:

I pre-soak my freeze dried brine shrimp in either Seachem Garlic Guard or Boyd's Vitachem.  You can feel comfortable feeding more often when you enhance the food itself. 

This is such an awesome idea.  I’m always stingy with the freeze dried but this way maybe an extra treat now and then 😁