Green algae problem I think?

RyanU

Lately I have noticed my tank looks a little green. I noticed green algea starting to develop on my drift wood and on some of the plants. My snails(mystery)  don't seem interested in it, neither does my BN pleco. The fish seem healthy and active so I know it's not bothering them i just wild like to get rid of this. Any suggestions? 

Is the water itself green or is it only deposited on the surfaces?

Also would like some info on the tank itself....size, water parameters, how long it has been set up, type of lighting, length of time lighting is on, type of food being fed, how much food being fed and all of the little friends you have living in the aquarium.

Believe it or not....all of these things play a role in the equilibrium of an aquarium.  This is why you see so often people asking for this information.  With it we can hypothesize about what issue you having and where we can start to fix it. 

There are some great highly skilled people here and we are all here to help.

The tank is a 25 gallon kit that i got from a chain pet store. So nothing special.  It has been cycled since March. Ammonia and Nitrite are 0 Nitrate hovers between 20-60. Ph is stable at 7.2. The stock of the tank is 4mollies, 5cherry barb, 3Cory cats 2 mystery snails and a BN pleco. The light is on for about 10 hours a day. I run it on when I get up to feed and turn it off when I get home. I feed once a day a mixture of vibra bites, shrimp pellets and crab cuisine. Three times a week I drop a chunk of snailo in as well. 

Algae prevention / control is about balancing light and nutrients. 

I would start out with a Timer for your lights, and cut the time down to 8 hrs a day. You may need to go a little less, or a little more. 7 hours works for me, but my lights are a pretty bright.  

The "Planted Aquarium Basics" playlist on the Aquarium Co-op Youtube channel helped me out when I started planted tanks. The last one in the play list addresses algae.