Japanese trapdoor snails

Pizzafan

Does anyone else keep these in a fairly small tank? I got a pair last week for my 20 gallon because they look so cool (and they do), but I have since found like 6 babies crawling around. I was under the impression these things won’t take over my tank - any insight?

Haha, well, I haven’t added any plants to my tank in a while and haven’t had any snails running around. I added these snails last week. The babies are pretty small so can’t say for sure, but they certainly resemble their parents

Well they are live bearers....so they do not breed as fast as other species.   I guess either you were lucky enough to get a male and female or it came in pregnant...LOL

But they are part of an ecosystem so grow them and enjoy watching them Send some pics!

My sister has a 15 gallon vertical tank full of different types of snails. They live with a single betta. She has some trapdoor snails, mysteries, ramshorns and some weird looking ones that might be MTS or what she called "wizard snails?" I dunno. But they're cool. The population seems to have stabilized at this point.

• Like 1