Dead invertebrates =/

Martin

Thanks guys... well, an update:

1.  No copper in my tank.  Zilch.
2.  All 4 nerites are now dead with bodies accounted for and removed.
3.  It appears there may be one lucky amano still alive somewhere as I found a small molt in the tank this morning.

So, based on the thread so far, should I be thinking of a bacterial issue?  After being part of this community for some months now, I've noticed there is aversion to 'nuking' with antibiotics.  I do have a package of Maracyn Two that I never had to use in the past (tetra got sick but died before the medication arrived).  Any advice?  Again, thank you to you all.

Edited by Martin
Grammar

Shot in the dark please forgive if im wrong. In my 10 gallon guppy maternity / fry tank. I have one nerite. 2 mystery snails (who are not good at algae) spoiled on green beans. Nerite was added because over feeding fry I consistently have diatom and tons of other algae coating every surface i try which im fine with the fry love it.  I added nemo (juvenile nerite) as a window washer 🙂 in 3 days all windows and 2 HEAVILY coated large algae rocks were squeaky clean. I struggle to keep him fed but spread repashy super green on the rocks 3 x a week and rotate algae rocks from my other tank. He will not go on plants…???  4 nerites plus shrimp….are you certain they are not starving?

Here is what i mean my pothos holder inside is clearly coated in diatoms and prefilter and some on plants guppies eat most on plants those rocks were put in last night because i had none left on my glass and you can see how much he ate in one night. I do not ever clean the inside of the glass. Nemo does. Hope this helps. 

7556A473-8134-41D4-9726-230C9107A653.jpeg

9D19B405-23EE-4CE7-96DA-F9A9D0F8A795.jpeg

7C2D075C-54E6-4E29-95B6-775A0B0F1BFD.jpeg

72F1402B-DE29-4DD7-8D64-594EB8314598.jpeg

On 7/3/2021 at 3:41 PM, ARMYVET said:

I am feeding repashy to my snails and shrimp as well as giving green beans and blanched spinach and zuchinni.  

?.. i cant get nemo to green beans or veg you are lucky. He will only touch repashy if iput it on a rock

Thanks guys, @Guppysnail I had considered starvation but I don't THINK that was the issue.  I had a diatom issue as well, which is what prompted the addition of both the amano and the nerites.  The amano died off quickly (within a few days) and the nerites followed suit about a week later.  I noticed the nerites displayed behavior that my prior nerites way back when never displayed.  When introduced to the tank, they scouted out a spot and didn't really venture far from it.  Two of the nerites parked themselves on the front wall of the tank and I only ever saw them within about a 3-inch radius of their original spot.  One parked on the heating unit and stayed there.  My old nerites lived forever and they would go all over the place.  I also considered ammonia because of this behavior, but the fish in the tank are happy as can be and swimming all over the place.  Also, I would feed per my usual fashion... crab cuisine for the shrimp and algae crumbles for the snails (though in all my time in the hobby, I never really figured out how they would find the crumbles at their rate of movement).

Edited by Martin