Bummed - but have fun stuff going on.

aquachris

Woke up and started working on the big move for my green spotted puffer.  He is getting graduated from my fish room to our living room where he can be more interactive with the family and give me the space for more things in the fishroom.  

Went to check on my rescue tank (a tank I just recently rescued a bunch of fish in) and the angel passed.  No one has had any sign of illness, typical great parameters (0/0/25-50 - today is WC day).  No signs of injury, it ate healthily and eagerly like it always does last night.  Not really looking for a direct reason, these things happen and its nothing I can easily determine, just expressing my sadness, as I did the best to help give it a better life (It was in a 29g that was super over populated).

Anyhow, I do have my new tank almost ready to go, waiting for it to heat up and the ammonia to calm down after moving live rock/sand (the fun of saltwater) which should be gone by this evening (just a slight trace) and my puffer, piggy, gets to be moved.  I'm super excited as this is a long process, I got a tank I had to reseal, do some other odds and ends to get the sump system going and voila, its going!  Very rewarding to be close to the finish line, and to have him in my living room to interact with everyone.

image.png.4fb80631092be90f8372c532956a2071.png

It has a pretty canopy too, but I had to cut a few holes in it for the return and the HOB skimmer.  I plan on replacing my DIY spray bar you see with the loc-tite later.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2021 at 3:26 PM, CalmedByFish said:

Sorry about your angel. If it's any comfort, I'm guessing you made the last part of its life better than it otherwise would've been. 

Very cool about your puffer. 🙂 

I have no doubt the last part of it's life was better. It was super pretty and I'm still bummed because I enjoyed it a lot. But I don't know history or anything if these fish since they were rescue. 

• Sad 1

On 6/27/2021 at 11:27 AM, eatyourpeas said:

How big is your tank? Love that puffer! 🐡

Thanks!  He is certainly a family pet, so the living room move is great.  This is a 55g with about 15g or so in the sump.  It is kinda a downgrade, he was in a 75g but that didn't have a sump.  I think it is a better size, the 75 looked too big really for him on his own.  

On 6/27/2021 at 8:23 PM, aquachris said:

Thanks!  He is certainly a family pet, so the living room move is great.  This is a 55g with about 15g or so in the sump.  It is kinda a downgrade, he was in a 75g but that didn't have a sump.  I think it is a better size, the 75 looked too big really for him on his own.  

That may be a better setup for a puffer since they are big poopy heads. I have overkill filtration with mine for that reason. 🐡