Surprise! Unexpected corydoras fry

Karen B.

This morning I found a few false julii cory eggs in my 20 gallons - about 8. I set them in a fluval medium breeding box and added an airstone. The breeding box hangs outside the aquarium but source its water inside.

589FED74-C3D1-4C36-A891-55B4FF3CD58D.jpeg.fe6adf65110f284cea9eda5e60579de3.jpeg

This evening I was laughing at my nerita snail for trying to push the cholla wood out of its way when I noticed 4-5 fry scattering everywhere 😳 I managed to catch a few of them.

Should I add them to the breeder box? Or should I put them in my 10 gallons, cycled, planted, same parameters as the tanks my cory parents are in? There is only about 10 clown killifish fry in it, less then 2 months old, only eating live and frozen baby brine shrimps.

6A814884-2A87-44E4-B98F-A1E4EAB64844.jpeg.b0f312de486a5047fc5b74d3bf5913fb.jpeg

• Like 2

I’ve had surprise corys for the past six months. They seem to thrive in the main tank. A few weeks ago I found an egg on a plant trimming and tossed it in an another tank (sort of a let’s see what happens) that has been going for a few months with single bristle nose, and was shocked to see the little guy swimming around yesterday. Both your options sound fruitful.

• Thanks 1