How Far Is Your LFS?

@StellaI used to go to MTSU and would run up to Aquatic Critter fairly frequently. I can't say enough good things about that store. They are an amazing local fish store. The quality of advice, the quality of care they give to the fish, the massive selection...I could go on and on...Have you been there recently?

• 2 weeks later...

@umfalcon It's been about a month since I've been.  I was having tank issues, so I couldn't add anything new. I'm hoping to get to go down this weekend though. Unfortunately the last of my betta sorority passed this week, and I'm going to scrap my tank and get a new setup.

Edited by Stella

There are tons of LFS stores in Seattle, and the aquarium Coop is only about half an hour from me. I actually do almost all of my fish shopping at the Coop.  Another good one is called "The Fish Store" some people say that the tanks there are gross, but in my experience its just algae. They probably have the largest selection of both fresh and saltwater fish I have ever seen.

Edited by Dwayne Brown
  • Like 2

My LFS is about 30mins away. Nice store and has a good range of tanks and stands.

Food is good they stock NLS, Ocean Free, Tropical and Hikari so can't go wrong with either choice.

Hardware is limited and usually cheaper brands but don't blame them  their products get the job done and it probably has a low turnover.

The main focus of the fish are African and large American cichlids but they keep your stock standard community fish also.

Edited by dorsalfin
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 1:46 PM, DaveO said:

I also shop at Aquatic Critter. It is a great lfs. I've been shopping there approximately 20 years. I live 25 miles away in a rural Nashville town.

Its the best I've found so far for sure!  I also live about 25 -30 miles away in the tiny town of Orlinda.  I'll be super impressed if you know where that is LOL.

On 7/9/2021 at 8:17 PM, Stella said:

Its the best I've found so far for sure!  I also live about 25 -30 miles away in the tiny town of Orlinda.  I'll be super impressed if you know where that is LOL.

Just north of White House, right?