Male Endlers

KendraCrippen

Hi all. I have 3 male endlers in my community tank. I let my daughter talk me into getting them but I've never kept guppies of any kind before. I feel like they are happy/healthy because there is no nipped fins, they are eating fine but there is only three of them and they never leave each other alone. I obviously don't want them to be stressed but I don't really want to add females as I'm not looking to be a breeder or just have a tank full of endlers haha. Wondering if just keeping the three is fine since no one looks sick, or is hiding from being bullied if I should bother getting more?  They are in a 29 gallon with a female Betta, 6 Cory's, 1 hillstream (but I would like more), 1 ADF, a couple of Nerites and a big handful of bladder snails. Thanks

PXL_20210625_075649523.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Hi, NOT speaking from personal experience, but it's not uncommon for people to keep only one gender of live bearer species. I've not heard anything on this forum or the internet that says you can't with endlers. You said they haven't injured each other just chased or annoyed each other- it's likely fine- boys will be boys. I wonder if adding a few more would cut down on the squabbling? Others will weigh in hopefully. 🙂 

• Like 1

With males only in a tank they will be non stop aggressive to each other.  They have 2 modes breed and show each other who is boss. Sometimes adding a few more will spread the aggression so no one gets stressed out. And they have more opportunities to wear off excess energy and it becomes a bit more playful 

• Like 1

Yeah I thought they were being a bit much towards each other. Just the constant "peacocking" at each other and chasing each other. I'm just not sure if I should get more males or females. And if females will they and the other in the tank eat most of the fry. I know it sounds mean but I really am not looking for an invasion haha.