overdosing root tabs?

If you did the pattern like the directions say your good.   When I set up my 20 gal I only used root tabs where the stem plants were...I put 3 or 4 tabs down then planted the plants in top if them.  Most of my plants were ferns and anubias that were glued to rocks and wood.

Since your doing mostly root feeders your method is great!

• Like 1

• Administrators

Following the directions is safe.  I’m sure there is a limit, but our directions isn’t even close to it. Root tabs don’t get much circulation and thus if not used by a plant just wait to be.

First post here, so hello everyone, I'd first like to say that there is a night and day difference between the few other root tabs (and fertilizers) available from chain stores that I've tried and the EZ line of products.  I stopped bothering with root tabs in the past because they offered no percievable benefits and just made a mess.  Aquarium coop's tabs are just the opposite, Easy to use,  don't murk up the water,  and holy cow! The growth I've seen using them! 

I recently set up my 55 gallon figured I'd add tabs just like the directions said with 4-6 inch spacing...I think I was a bit closer to 4 inches because anything worth doing is worth OVERdoing...lol...anyways I had a grid that was 3 by 10 or 11, so 30-ish in 55gallons. Also, whenever I plant anything new,  I stick a tab or two below them,  and I've never seen any sign of root burn, sick looking leaves, etc...just amazing plants.

Since the tabs are basically just filled with really good dirt(Corey said that in one of his videos) and 11 herbs and spices, I don't think you could overdose on them...honestly, if I could get ahold of 20-30 lbs of that tab mix I'd be willing to try a dirted tank with them.  Doing it in tab form would make for some slimy water (from gelatin) and impossible to keep sunk.

So, T.L.D.R...I don't think you can overdose. You'll be skimming jello out of the tank long before then😁

• Like 1