I can’t find a tank lid that fits! Help appreciated :)

erik.hueno

Hello everyone,

I just started keeping real plants in my aquarium, and therefore now have a much nicer light to help them grow. I have a TopFin 29 gallon aquarium that came as part of a tank kit from PetSmart.
Unfortunately, the 30” glass lids I’ve tried have all been too long and hang off the side. I would greatly appreciate any knowledge from someone who has dealt with a similar issue.

It would be great if a proper-fitting lid existed somewhere out there. Otherwise, I may order a custom pane of glass.

Thanks for any help! I greatly appreciate it.

Erik

On 6/24/2021 at 11:38 PM, DannyBWell said:

I got this one on Amazon that works great on my aqueon 29g.

H2Pro 30" Glass Canopy 20 Long/29 Gallon Aquarium Fish Tank 

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I need one that’s about 28.5” long.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 11:48 PM, erik.hueno said:

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I need one that’s about 28.5” long.

Dang was really hoping that would help. I would suggest what the other person said with green house siding or what I've done too is get a piece of glass from a home improvement store along with super glue and a cabinet handle and I superglued the handle onto the glass and worked pretty decent for me you can then order aquarium top backstriping for pretty cheap and cutting glass is easy with a square. Good luck

On 6/24/2021 at 11:53 PM, DannyBWell said:

Dang was really hoping that would help. I would suggest what the other person said with green house siding or what I've done too is get a piece of glass from a home improvement store along with super glue and a cabinet handle and I superglued the handle onto the glass and worked pretty decent for me you can then order aquarium top backstriping for pretty cheap and cutting glass is easy with a square. Good luck

Both are great ideas. I think I’m going to end up getting a piece of glass in the correct size for my tank. Thank you!

I have had custom glass cut by a local small hardware store, and a local glass company. The glass business was able to chamfer the edges for me. Initially, I used the lid with hinges, but it grew a lot of algae on the underside. When I removed the hinge, the humidity and algae was greatly reduced.

• Thanks 1