Fluval Plant 3.0 Scheduling and Programming

Streetwise

Isaly, I also have a Finnex 24/7 planted light. Have had it only 9 months. Loved it till last night when it stopped working, literally just stopped. After reading more reviews, I discovered that this seems to be an common issue around the 8-9 month. Very disappointed so be aware. Hopefully you won’t run into this issue. I’ll be getting a fluval 3.0 faster than I expected  

Totally forgot about this.  I have two sets of these and they are great for adjusting the height and its great that they clip in tight.  Excellent for getting a good spread across wider tanks.  

Takes about 5 days to get here from Puerto Rico.  

https://www.etsy.com/listing/978425278/fluval-30-planted-marine-and-spectrum?ref=yr_purchases

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a 29G and was dealing with sooo much algae with a similar schedule to this one, but peaking at 50%. I've been lowering it slowly, but also want to keep it as a high light set up for the plants. Does this seem high enough for that still? The plants seem okay, but I would rather not deprive them.

lights.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. Tom here. New to this. I have had my tank cycled for two years. Never owned a fish tank before this. Jumped into a planted tank from the start and ran with a Fluval 3.0. I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube and reading a bunch of blogs. Also tried a bunch of FB forums. Got fish down okay for now, though always learning. Plants.. have been a challenge. I keep thinking I’m doing okay, then I falter. Long story short, I went through a period of malaise with the whole thing. Jumpstarting things now, did a huge overhaul of the tank. Have some plants that haven’t totally died on me and some new plants I just put in. I’m using root tabs, flourish Excel, and Easy Green. I have a 20g tall 16” high. Below are my light parameters based on a lot of what I have been reading. I’m interested in any thoughts. Below is also a list of plants. Thanks in advance!! So glad I found this forum. 

1. Sword plant

2. Vallisneria 

3. Water Sprite

4. Moss balls

5. Java Fern Windelov

6. Alternanthera Reineckii

7. Water onion bulb (from Petco has yet to sprout)

8. Aponogeton bulb (from Petco, has yet to sprout)CE6EB34A-6FA2-4CFD-9314-14ED76E75FE2.png.e47ff4e2222ae6166de3a5c1a0787550.png97E68EFB-376E-46D8-B118-EA616E4D8767.jpeg.a4c55f73adc0002558660e9e7d9d4d90.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi all,

I got the 36-48” Fluval plant 3.0 yesterday and am setting it up on my 20 long for right now. Eventually I’ll be putting it in a 40 breeder (hence the size) but I wanna use it for my 20 long for rn. I have some questions regarding scheduling as well as placement

due to the size I would like to mount it up underneath the shelf above the tank rather than on top of the tank, this will allow me to turn the intensity up as well and give light to my plants growing out of my HOB. What is the best way to do this? (Pics at the bottom)

im also including a picture of the schedule I just put together, I’m very much open to advice on tweaking that as well. I want it to get more “yellow” as the sun sets and be lord of a cooler white earlier on and I tried to reflect that in the programming. I don’t currently have it but i might set up injected CO2 in this tank sometime in the future.

thanks 🙂 

263BC3CE-0D59-4BAF-8119-8B6E2D6F5E12.jpeg

F29A1EF9-14F7-4B00-AB9B-86ECA000F876.jpeg

3A81FA21-9D28-483D-B73F-97E62B37FBAB.jpeg

BF55C522-A2DA-4AC8-A435-FDF383A0AE87.png

• Like 2

On 1/26/2022 at 4:17 PM, Steph’s Fish and Plants said:

Hi all,

I got the 36-48” Fluval plant 3.0 yesterday and am setting it up on my 20 long for right now. Eventually I’ll be putting it in a 40 breeder (hence the size) but I wanna use it for my 20 long for rn. I have some questions regarding scheduling as well as placement

due to the size I would like to mount it up underneath the shelf above the tank rather than on top of the tank, this will allow me to turn the intensity up as well and give light to my plants growing out of my HOB. What is the best way to do this? (Pics at the bottom)

im also including a picture of the schedule I just put together, I’m very much open to advice on tweaking that as well. I want it to get more “yellow” as the sun sets and be lord of a cooler white earlier on and I tried to reflect that in the programming. I don’t currently have it but i might set up injected CO2 in this tank sometime in the future.

thanks 🙂 

263BC3CE-0D59-4BAF-8119-8B6E2D6F5E12.jpeg

F29A1EF9-14F7-4B00-AB9B-86ECA000F876.jpeg

3A81FA21-9D28-483D-B73F-97E62B37FBAB.jpeg

BF55C522-A2DA-4AC8-A435-FDF383A0AE87.png

You could use tie wraps / cable ties to suspend the light.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a repost of a thread i started in plants, algea & fertilizers. I forgot about this thead until now and thought I would repost. 

Im running the 3.0 on a 36g bowfront with Bentleys daysim pretty successfully. I range the strength between 30% ~ 50% depending on plant height. My question is: what color(s) is best for a moon phase. I'm trying to stay away from blue & warm white, both colors seam to hit my algea issues hard. I'd like to keep it to a single color but if not im willing to try any moon light simulation(s) people throw at me. 

On 2/7/2022 at 1:25 PM, JoeQ said:

This is a repost of a thread i started in plants, algea & fertilizers. I forgot about this thead until now and thought I would repost. 

Im running the 3.0 on a 36g bowfront with Bentleys daysim pretty successfully. I range the strength between 30% ~ 50% depending on plant height. My question is: what color(s) is best for a moon phase. I'm trying to stay away from blue & warm white, both colors seam to hit my algea issues hard. I'd like to keep it to a single color but if not im willing to try any moon light simulation(s) people throw at me. 

I use red only light, starting 30 minutes before my bed time (and fish bed time). The red allows me to see (helpful) and doesn't contribute to algae.

The lights are completely off by 12:30 am.

• Like 1

Thanks all, I added a 1% cool white (since IMO moon light should be thought of as the cold sun) and 1% white light with no massive algea growth like with warm white as a moon phase. I might even add 30 minutes in the morning for early morning fish viewing! 

Here are my settings, im running this on my 36g bowfront with no co2 and plants im regrowing from clippings. I'll increase the intensity as the plants grow. 

Screenshot_20220208-075826_FluvalSmart.jpg

Screenshot_20220208-075844_FluvalSmart.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2022 at 4:46 PM, Streetwise said:

@JoeQ, I will have to see what file formats are allowed. You could certainly share a hosted file link if you have a way to host.

The file is in my Dropbox, other than that im not sure if I have any space to host it on. 

Hi all!

New user on this forum and with this light. I'm wandering, how important is the "warm white" setting ?

I like the more cool white than the yellowish tint. Also, i've got an aquatlantis fusion 100 aquarium.

The brace in the middle is from glass. Can I just lay down the led on this glass strip without it is getting to hot ?

This because I want to close the lid (hood). If not, it will be an open aquarium 🙂