Corydoras aeneus

Mr Gumby

Hi folks, 

Just asking out of curiosity more than anything. 

I have a breeding pair of bronze cory who are roughly 18 months old and 5 albino about 8 months old who have also started spawning for me. 

My question is will the albino get as big as the bronze as they are huge in comparison. 

All fish are nice and fat and healthy as I feed the tank well but the size difference is considerable. 

Like I said its not an issue just curiosity

TIA

Hi there, 

I don't have any Corys but I do love them, especially the albino version. My friend has the biggest albinos I've ever seen in person in a home aquarium they are not any less than 3.5" long but their height and girth are also super impressive, They're at least 2 or 2.5" high and approximately 1.5" in diameter? they're impressive and beautiful. 

(hers are in a 40 gallon breeder)

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX

On 6/21/2021 at 11:19 AM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Hi there, 

I don't have any Corys but I do love them, especially the albino version. My friend has the biggest albinos I've ever seen in person in a home aquarium they are not any less than 3.5" long but their height and girth are also super impressive, They're at least 2 or 2.5" high and approximately 1.5" in diameter? they're impressive and beautiful. 

Wow, those I'd like to see. 

I'd say my bronze are about 3 inches

Great entertaining fish when they have space and playmates 😁

I'll have to con her into sending me a pic or take one when I go over there. They are so much more fun than her super shy GloTetras. They move in a giant white herd in her tank. I never thought they got that big. Catfish of all kinds are probably my favorite kind of fish- I like scavenger animals. I just have a huge herd of Otocinclus. 

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
Typos are lame
  • Like 2