DebD

I have 2 males have been fighting despite plenty of hides. Noticed these bumps today over this guys eye. Can't identify it. They are raised bumps.

Ideas treatment etc appreciated

6.6 pH 

0 Nitrates

20 Hardness

0 Nitrite

0 Ammonia

20 KH/Buffer

80F 

20210620_132352.jpg

Edited by DebD

On 6/20/2021 at 8:44 PM, Colu said:

It could be the start of hole in the head have you got a better picture

This is the only other one I could get. The bumps are raised not pitted and it kind of looks like more popping out like pimples by the other eye

20210620_193628.jpg

Edited by DebD

On 6/20/2021 at 11:06 PM, Colu said:

What I would do is Qarantine and treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for 1 week as it could be caused by a bacterial infection 

They've been fighting and I have been trying to sell one or both. They've killed 2 phantom tetras when they're in that testosterone territorial battle despite having plenty of hides space etc. I was thinking it was from one of these battles. 

Edited by DebD

On 6/21/2021 at 10:06 AM, Colu said:

It could be if you can I would separate them and treat the sick one with aquarium salt if you don't have a separate tank you can tank divider on Amazon 

I put up a 10g last night as my quarantine tank has new ember tetras in for at least another week. I did stick a divider in it just in case I notice anything on the other boy. Pulled an extra seeded sponge filter over too. I pulled the other GBR into a specimen container for a few minutes to check up close and he seems OK. (Although he's not happy I scooped him out to get a good look at him) 

In the 10g gradually added salt & put in 2 tablespoons diluted to start.  They were raised bumps which is what confused me when people have said HITH. Temp is at 80 and may raise it tomorrow.  

I can order Prazipro or metaplex but I can't tell what exactly it is yet

On 6/21/2021 at 7:55 PM, DebD said:

I put up a 10g last night as my quarantine tank has new ember tetras in for at least another week. I did stick a divider in it just in case I notice anything on the other boy. Pulled an extra seeded sponge filter over too. I pulled the other GBR into a specimen container for a few minutes to check up close and he seems OK. (Although he's not happy I scooped him out to get a good look at him) 

In the 10g gradually added salt & put in 2 tablespoons diluted to start.  They were raised bumps which is what confused me when people have said HITH. Temp is at 80 and may raise it tomorrow.  

I can order Prazipro or metaplex but I can't tell what exactly it is yet

I would see if the salt works before adding other meds I would order seachem metroplex as it treats parasitic and bacterial infections just as backup in case he doesn't improve with the salt treatment

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 3:13 PM, Colu said:

I would see if the salt works before adding other meds I would order seachem metroplex as it treats parasitic and bacterial infections just as backup in case he doesn't improve with the salt treatment

Metroplex delivered tomorrow or Friday just in case

Started the Metro a when I got it. This was 2 days ago. I noticed 1 white bump on 2nd GBR and immediately divided the tank to treat him too. Now that they're both in the hospital tank, should I worry about my phantom tetras ?? Besides a big w/c should I treat that tank just in case for a week? 

20210629_112936.jpg

On 6/29/2021 at 4:32 PM, DebD said:

Started the Metro a when I got it. This was 2 days ago. I noticed 1 white bump on 2nd GBR and immediately divided the tank to treat him too. Now that they're both in the hospital tank, should I worry about my phantom tetras ?? Besides a big w/c should I treat that tank just in case for a week? 

I still wouldn't rule out hole in the head looking at the picture it can take two courses of metroplex before you will see improvement  if you don't see any improvement after that I treat with prazipro as its active ingredient are metronidazole and praziquantel metroplexs active ingredient is metronidazole you can treat your phantom tetras as a procautionary treatment with metroplex 

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2021 at 11:32 AM, Colu said:

If you have finished your Frist course of metroplex and it's getting worse I would start treating with prazipro or paracleanse 

I have prazipro, but ParaCleanse seems better suited but I can't get til Monday unless a store 1hr away and is only open on weekends has it. 😖

On 7/1/2021 at 6:40 PM, DebD said:

I have prazipro, but ParaCleanse seems better suited but I can't get til Monday unless a store 1hr away and is only open on weekends has it. 😖

I would start treating with prazipro  as the active ingredient praziquantel treats hole in the head