So I am in the process of setting up a new 90 gallon tank. I have some fish I really want, but others im unsure if compatible? It's so hard to search one by one which fish are compatible with which. The fish I 100% want are:

electric blue acara

severums

blood parrot

Fish I am wondering if compatible:

geophagus such as steindachneri, balzanii,  pellegrini, pearl cichlid, altifrons, ect. I love almost all the geophagus species 

Any help appreciated! thanks in advance.

Edited by xxaprilrose
  • Love 1

On 6/20/2021 at 8:33 PM, xxaprilrose said:

So I am in the process of setting up a new 90 gallon tank. I have some fish I really want, but others im unsure if compatible? It's so hard to search one by one which fish are compatible with which. The fish I 100% want are:

electric blue acara

severums

blood parrot

Fish I am wondering if compatible:

geophagus such as steindachneri, balzanii,  pellegrini, pearl cichlid, altifrons, ect. I love almost all the geophagus species 

Any help appreciated! thanks in advance.

EBAs, Severums, and Blood Partots should cohabitate well.

Geophagus sometimes are very peaceful (especially with all that room). But our Geophagus Heckelii (Threadfin Acara) decided to deastroy one another recently... so that can cause problems all round. I separated them, and they’re kind of problematic towards con-specific species. We have done a pair of EBAs with 6x Firemouths, and oddball gold convict, and a school of Buenos Aires tetras. Here’s footage from that tank...

We keep discus with another Geophagus. It’s “so-so” for now...

ABAEE250-FB7D-4E83-8F19-380017198335.jpeg.608fd3e7e28cdb6dd7eae82fdde0be12.jpeg

In general, I’d suggest: keep Geophagus in a tank with non-con-specific species (i.e. fish that _don’t look like them_) Maybe do a school of large Corydoras + a group of Geophagus Tapajos + a school of large tetras - like Congo Tetras.