Plants that I can glue to rocks

I try moss and I haven’t had luck with it, I think I’m not glue it correctly cuz it comes off my tank has a high current, the moss comes off and only little pieces remind on the rock and I can see the white glue lol

You are looking for freshwater epiphytes. There are lists all over the internet (often on competitors sites so not linked here). I wish the CoOp would add epiphyte as a way to sort their plant selection. As it is now you have to read the planting suggestions and look for the ones that say "We recommend attaching Java fern (or whatever plant you're looking at, my edit) to rocks, wood or decor rather than burying it in substrate. We find it easiest to attach using thread or super glue gel.

• Like 1

If you see a root-feeder you would like to try, one option is to put in in a pot with soil or a suitable substrate. I have a lot of root feeders in pots containing soil in the bottom and a layer of gravel or other substrate on top. I use root tabs to fertilize them.

Another one you can do is the Dwarf Aquarium Lily.  It’s a bulb and you can place it on the surface of the substrate and let it do it’s thing.  That’s what I did here in my new planted tank.  You can see it on the front right hand side.  3F984ADF-EA8D-45A8-A9F0-E203564B6CC1.jpeg.15ff901450ece1ed0fd3ca9216cb9a82.jpeg

All of the plants that are green are glued into place on rocks and the spider wood. The only stem plants are the red ones lol

Here is a link to the journal of setting up this tank…

• Like 2

On 6/21/2021 at 6:35 PM, Jcdli said:

Armyvet do I need to burry they Lilly once starts so grow or i can attach it to wood, because I just put 2 lilies bulb in my tank 

I just let it sit on the bottom and let it go...ill take a current pic so you can see its progress.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2021 at 3:28 PM, ARMYVET said:

Another one you can do is the Dwarf Aquarium Lily.  It’s a bulb and you can place it on the surface of the substrate and let it do it’s thing.  That’s what I did here in my new planted tank.  You can see it on the front right hand side.  3F984ADF-EA8D-45A8-A9F0-E203564B6CC1.jpeg.15ff901450ece1ed0fd3ca9216cb9a82.jpeg

All of the plants that are green are glued into place on rocks and the spider wood. The only stem plants are the red ones lol

Here is a link to the journal of setting up this tank…

Great tank!  We have a dwarf lily that has been in about a week, it's showing nice growth so far!

• Love 1

On 6/21/2021 at 10:17 PM, Jcdli said:

Oh wow it looks great, and you leave it like that even when it growns more 

I am not planning on moving it lol 

Right now I am in the camp of….if it ain’t broke don’t fix it camp lol 

but yeah I’m going to leave it Right where it’s at and let it grow.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 11:18 PM, Jcdli said:

Yeah I’m letting my tank to settle I just put things and I let it go even algae I’m okay with it I even like the idea of it because it migth be a good sign 

I agree...if you look at the wood closely youll see green algae (looks yellow in the pic but i swear its green lol) growing and starting to cover the wood....it looks so natural. And yes it is also a good sign that the tank is aging properly. So yes I am enjoying the algae as long as it doesn't become nuisance or unsightly.

On 6/21/2021 at 11:31 PM, Jcdli said:

How long did it take to get to this size 

It was put into water 1 week and a couple days ago in my plant holding bin.  After 2 days there my 20 gallon was set up and it was moved and its been there ever since just hanging out doing its thing.  for a bit it didnt really do anything...I named it Fred...I would check on it every day and talk to him...."Whats up Fred?  Nothing today?" lol  He must have gotten tired of hearing me say nothing because one morning i was like .... oh wow you id it!! 😂

On 6/21/2021 at 11:32 PM, Jcdli said:

Could you talk some info in your black gravel looks cool

Sure but your gonna be like....REALLY?!? lol  I knew I wanted a black substrate even though Cory doesn't like them himself and I respect that because they supposedly show off every bit of dirt and debris.  And that may as well be very true but to me....having a black substrate and a black background....makes everything else POP and become the showpiece.  If the black substrate does show off more dirt then I guess Ill become a bit more diligent in my maint. 

SO what substrate did I use....well its not what I originally wanted....I originally wanted Black Diamond Blasting sand except when I went to purchase some they didnt have any....well i was in a time crunch ....this tank was a surprise for my wife so I had to act fast and the only black substrate I could fine was ....hope you sitting down lol.... 5175197?$CLEARjpg$

It was all I could find on short notice.  I needed 30 lbs they only had 20 in black so as a last ditch effort i bought 10 lbs of this....

5175196?$CLEARjpg$

Yep black with "glow"chips in it....My daughter and I spent 2 hours picking out all of the colored ones just so I could have black.  But as you can see it does look great in the tank and where I have stem plants or anything rooted in it I put a bunch of root tabs and so far the stems are growing very nicely and have even breached the surface. which looks really cool as well. 

Just for the record...I dont like to waste anything so all of those glow chips....went into a 1 gallon vase with some guppy grass and 1 ramshorn snail named Scooter and he sits on my coffee table and we watch tv  together at night. He is funny to watch at times.  Been thinking of adding a second one in there just to keep him company but then again...thats what im for😁.

Please let me know if you have any other questions....I am happy to help!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2