Bloating angelfish

My angelfish is bloating whenever i feed ive tried feeding smaller amounts and i try to isolate it while feeding to monitor how much it eats just by distracting it on the other end of the tank while slowing feeding the other side to make sure theres no excess food in the tank he can eat but it seems within a few minutes the bottom of the abdomen swells it goes away a few hours later and it doesn't have a sunken stomach if i accidentally miss a feeding i only feed twice a day so i try to keep each feeding 12 hours apart witch seems to be keeping the fish alive but it doesnt seem to me the fish could be healthy im new to fish keeping so im hoping im wrong 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 3:53 PM, Anthony Rodriguez said:

My angelfish is bloating whenever i feed ive tried feeding smaller amounts and i try to isolate it while feeding to monitor how much it eats just by distracting it on the other end of the tank while slowing feeding the other side to make sure theres no excess food in the tank he can eat but it seems within a few minutes the bottom of the abdomen swells it goes away a few hours later and it doesn't have a sunken stomach if i accidentally miss a feeding i only feed twice a day so i try to keep each feeding 12 hours apart witch seems to be keeping the fish alive but it doesnt seem to me the fish could be healthy im new to fish keeping so im hoping im wrong 

Might be normal. Can you post photos before and after feedings?

Have you seen your Angel with a string of fish poop regularly?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anthony, some of my angels, maybe most, are hogs who have distended stomachs after feeding, so Fishfolk is right that it might be normal, especially since it goes away in a few hours. Even so, I would suggest that you consider feeding just once per day, The labels on fish food encourage you to use a lot so you will buy more, but I think most folks in the hobby would agree that once per day is plenty. Even though I feed once per day, I tend to overfeed, resulting in large angel bellies.