Fish Folk

Like a few other folks, we lost fish with the crazy climate the last few weeks.

Starting with three guppy tubs, we lost all in one, and many adults in the other two.

Being sulky... I just left off feeding, and have not looked much into them til today.

In the Firecracker Guppy tub, I found a thriving batch of young. Many appear to be female — though they’re probably too young to properly sex.

Then I checked out the “mutt guppy” tub. I caught a few meh-looking males, but found no females.

So... I decided to boost genetics in both by moving out a bunch of Firecracker Guppies from our downstairs little colony. I tried to be clever and catch them barehanded while holding the phone. Nope. Nets are genius, it turns out...

I’m adding them to both tubs. The Mutts can blast genetics out any which way - I find it fun to see by the end of the summer.

Of course, the rest go to the FCG tub. Hoping to get some great options for selective breeding by September.

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Like 4

On 6/22/2021 at 11:04 AM, DesertFish said:

@Fish FolkLooks awesome! Hopefully by the end of summer you will have some stunner guppies! What’s the weather like in your neck of the woods?

It’s really up and down. Gets to 60°s overnight still, but peaks in mid 90°s during hot afternoons. By July it should settle to a mid-70°s-mid 90° rhythm.

• Like 1