33-36" high Metal shelving for one tank

Gideyon

I'm trying to find a metal shelving where the top shelf is between 33 to 36 inches high, and the length and width can accommodate a 20 gallon long. 

The height requirement is to keep it level with a countertop at 36", or slide under the edge of the counter at 33".    It's also to keep it safe from my kids to put anything in the tank. 

Then I'll have the encase the shelf in something so my youngest doesn't try climbing. 

I'm looking into metal because it's considerably cheaper than wood.   And I don't have the ability to make my own 2x4 stand. 

I've searched so much, but not able to find.  So I was wondering if any of you who use shelves for a racking system, if it's something you can take apart so it's not higher than 36", or lower than 33", and can comfortably handle a 20g long

• Like 1

This might sound odd, but I know that @Daniel makes copious use of tool chests for a number of tanks. Have you looked into that route? It would eliminate the climbing problem, and you could keep things in the drawers as you like. Here's a screenshot from Lowe's. It looks like most are just barely under, or just over the size you're interested in. But if you search, and filter price low-to-high, you'll at least have that as an option to consider.

2128396895_ScreenShot2021-06-19at10_29_41PM.png.1243e70acb51f2d28c795f6f0eed4ae9.png

• Like 1