T-Bar Cichlids, super colorful and underrated?

HenryC

I hardly see photos of T-bar cichldis around, are they not popular? I got a juvenile a few months back and his color is already stunning, he has white, gold, pink, blue spreckles and even blue eyes! It's gonna be a stunner when he grows up for sure:

Anyone have any T-bar cichlids? Lemme see yours!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On 6/19/2021 at 11:57 AM, HenryC said:

I hardly see photos of T-bar cichldis around, are they not popular? I got a juvenile a few months back and his color is already stunning, he has white, gold, pink, blue spreckles and even blue eyes! It's gonna be a stunner when he grows up for sure:

Beautiful! I’ve never seen them before. Looks like they’re _not small_ once fully grown...

FA04EA01-994E-4F09-813E-9CFC408AFFEF.jpeg.4d72714866739de75f069f43aa6b2475.jpeg

• Like 2

On 6/19/2021 at 9:22 AM, sudofish said:

I think a lot of the central/south american cichlids are underrated. They don't seem to be as popular as African cichlids. I love em though.

Personally I like them more, but the downside is that most of them get massive. But oh boy, they're show stoppers, especially Viejas!maxresdefault.jpg.7d591a480e2535b2e16a4edebde53575.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 11:57 AM, HenryC said:

he's absolutely gorgeous! I'd love to try cichlids sometime, but I'm very keen on a super peaceful tank right now for my 55... Still, it sure is tempting to try one of the more 'mostly' peaceful cichlids.

On 6/21/2021 at 5:16 PM, laritheloud said:

he's absolutely gorgeous! I'd love to try cichlids sometime, but I'm very keen on a super peaceful tank right now for my 55... Still, it sure is tempting to try one of the more 'mostly' peaceful cichlids.

You could try severums, they're super chill. Also electric blue acaras. Even Oscars can be peaceful, mine grew up alongside severums and blood parrots and the tank is as peaceful as a tetra community!

• Like 1