Do you QT snails ?

Leo2o915

I got some baked red ramshorn snails in the mail 3 weeks ago? Only snails I've put in quarantine. I just put them in a bowl of tank water for 2 weeks, with small bits of blanched dandelion leaves. They came in what I would call an oversized pill bottle and were dang near boiled.. 5 out of 8 made it surprisingly, 2 were DOA. Mostly I didn't put them in the tank right away, because I didn't want them to crawl under something, die, and foul up my  10 gallon tanks (which was their destination).

From everything I’ve ever researched short version the snails slime coat is to thick and sheds to rapidly for the bad stuff to adhere.  They can harbor snail leeches and some snail specific worms especially bladder snails they sometimes have a pest that it is unclear if it is symbiotic or parasitic because it does benefit until it runs out of food then eats the snail.  This is for wild caught. 

What I have always done and never had issues...

place in quarantine and feed veggies generously because they are usually starved from pet stores. Once I see they are healthy and very active and no visible leeches/worms (which I have never actually seen). I place them in their new home. 

As @Griznatch said you don’t want them to hide and not be ok. 

I figure that most of my snails came in on plants when I wasn't looking to get them, so no, I don't bother to QT the ones I add on purpose either.  From what I've read, the consensus seems to be that they're unlikely to introduce fish pathogens into the tank.