Sounds like you are wanting to keep about 10?  Personally I'd go no smaller than a 40 breeder.  Right now my breeding tank (not Zebra's) is a standard 55.  It is producing quite nicely.  I was initially keeping the tank pretty clean, once I let it get a little dirty the breeding really picked up.  A water change that drops the tank temp a couple degrees is a good way to help put them in the mood, try and coordinate this with a drop in barometric pressure (yes get a barometer if you really want to geek out with this).  Food!  Lots and lots of food.  Mine love fresh cucumber/squash/watermelon, Repashy Soilent Green, Super Green, and Bottom Scratcher.  As I recall @Dean’s Fishroom is breeding or has bred the Zebra.  As you can see I don't pull the fry, so I may lose some to what I like to think is "accidental ingestion".  Give them plenty of cave/spawning options.  @Fish Folk recently posted some pictures where the plecos spawned in a nook on a piece of driftwood (pretty darn cool).

• Like 2

Ok thank you I ahve all those repashy products.flavors. Thank you! I will have to check to see if my lfs would be able to take 15 of them. I want to keep the minimum needed for a good spawning group but still have high numbers. 6 would be a good number but I don't want to have to sell 19 of them. 

On 6/17/2021 at 10:55 AM, BriannesFishFam said:

Does anyone know how to breed zebra plecos? I found them for $20 a piece but you have to buy 25. Wondering if m lfs will take about 13-15 of them. Anyone know what size tank I would need?

I'd be a little nervous about what I was getting at that price. The last time I saw zebra plecos they were selling for more like $200-$300 each. You're talking about spending $500  for fish that should sell for more like $5,000-$7,500. As a general rule when a deal is that good, it's not a real deal. You really want to be careful when someone offers you something at that reduced of a price. I'd recommend looking around at zebra pleco prices and then consider whether this seller is offering a you a real deal, or if you're being conned. My suspicion is they're trying to con you. I get nervous when a deal seems too good to be true.

• Like 3

On 6/17/2021 at 12:56 PM, gardenman said:

I'd be a little nervous about what I was getting at that price. The last time I saw zebra plecos they were selling for more like $200-$300 each. You're talking about spending $500  for fish that should sell for more like $5,000-$7,500. As a general rule when a deal is that good, it's not a real deal. You really want to be careful when someone offers you something at that reduced of a price. I'd recommend looking around at zebra pleco prices and then consider whether this seller is offering a you a real deal, or if you're being conned. My suspicion is they're trying to con you. I get nervous when a deal seems too good to be true.

Ok, thank you. This is a whoelsale price because I do assist in a fish business.

On 6/17/2021 at 1:05 PM, gardenman said:

That's a very good price even for wholesale. If you trust the seller, then great. But the L046 Zebra plecos are typically much, much more expensive, even at wholesale. I just don't want someone getting conned.

Thank you for the suggestions! They go from $20-80 XS is $20. I may just get regular ones for $100 each and spawn them

On 6/17/2021 at 1:05 PM, gardenman said:

That's a very good price even for wholesale. If you trust the seller, then great. But the L046 Zebra plecos are typically much, much more expensive, even at wholesale. I just don't want someone getting conned.

^Agreed^

On 6/17/2021 at 1:18 PM, KBOzzie59 said:

I once had someone want to sell me "Zebra Plecos" my comment to them was 'those sure do look like King Tiger Plecos'...

Yeah, people try to pass off lesser plecos as "real" zebra plecos (the L046 variety) and uninformed buyers can get taken. I'd love to find real L046 zebra plecos at $20 each, but I'm never that lucky. They typically sell for $200-$300 when I see them and sometimes more. And those are typically young fish at that price.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 1:25 PM, gardenman said:

Yeah, people try to pass off lesser plecos as "real" zebra plecos (the L046 variety) and uninformed buyers can get taken. I'd love to find real L046 zebra plecos at $20 each, but I'm never that lucky. They typically sell for $200-$300 when I see them and sometimes more. And those are typically young fish at that price.

Nice