Ordering brine shrimp in summer

Nate s

It shouldn't I live in seattle about 20 minutes from the coop here in washington its alwayse around 6o-70 degrees during the summer but we had a heat wave last year and I had to order some brine shrimp eggs online it was about 85 degrees out the eggs came within two days and were fine. of course I dont know what counts as summer temperatures in Kentucky it may be considerably hotter there.  

Edited by Dwayne Brown

@Dwayne BrownIt’s been a pretty mild summer so far, highs have been mid to lower 80s so far with some days in the high 70s. The 10 day has fridAy as 88 but all others 76-83. Nothing like some Ohio valley humidity though, average is about 75% in summer. 
July and august are misery. High 80s low to mid 90s for the most part. Even September it’s mostly 80+ days. 2 years ago we opened October with 5 strait 90+ days. 

I’ll order some next week since it’s going to be mostly below 80 

• Sad 1

I am pretty sure they take heat in consideration when shipping and package appropriately. When I received plants in the winter there was a heat pack and insulating bag. Also keep in mind that they refrigerate and use refrigerated  containers because of the length of time it takes for them, in bulk, to ship from the manufacturer and how long they are anticipating having to store them.