Accidental Breeding of MYSTERY SNAIL!!

xXInkedPhoenixX

Ok soooo I don't want to breed stuff. Anyone here that might be aware of me might be aware of my accidental breeding of Otocinclus. I chose Mystery snails because I could just remove their egg sacks- no more Mystery snails right??? Then how the heck did I get this little one?! I mean, I'm already in love but....how do I keep breeding stuff..... 😂

Resized_20210615_103942.jpg

Resized_20210615_103947.jpg

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
  • Like 1

Heh, it happens, especially if you are of the leave it alone philosophy and your tank is balanced properly. If you don't have any extra tanks cycling to house fry or babies, I think it really kicks in the reproduction instincts 🙂

• Haha 1

@ARMYVET Not at all, only decaying plant bits. Mine occasionally mow over my recently planted stem plants so I find them floating at the top of the tank but no harm done- they're just HUGE, little plants in my tank get inspected by large snail feet! 😁 They actually add a whole lot of entertainment to my tank and to me as important as the fish. I'm sure you'll find others that feel the same here. 

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
1 more thing.
  • Like 3

"Nature Will Find A Way"

I found a cichlid fry in my overflow chamber a couple months ago, no idea how long he was living in there. He is now 10x as large and the fearless king of his 10 gallon grow out tank, will almost eat out of our hands.

• Love 1

I fully expected that there would be more than JUST ONE Mystery snail- however as much as I've looked I've not spotted more, just this one- granted it could be another one but it would have to be a twin exactly the same size and color. There are lots of places to hide in my tank though. Baby Mystery snails are stupid cute. Here it is hanging with one of my Nerites. 

Resized_20210618_140925.jpg

Resized_20210618_140844.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well my lone baby snail is STILL the lone baby snail. Little one always seems to be trailing a bunch of poop with them. I've decided on a name today, Newbie's name is Immaculate, definition: "perfectly clean, neat or tidy, ALSO free from flaws or mistakes- perfect" the last of which is more the idea, but I find it a little funny the tiny one can't seem to keep clean. It also harkens back to biblical reference to immaculate conception- which they seem to be a product of in a way since I've been removing egg sacks and this one just appears out of nowhere. Today Immaculate got a visit from daddy snail Pegasus. 

Resized_20210626_173255.jpg

Resized_20210626_173902.jpg

Resized_20210626_173402.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 6/27/2021 at 1:40 AM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Well my lone baby snail is STILL the lone baby snail. Little one always seems to be trailing a bunch of poop with them. I've decided on a name today, Newbie's name is Immaculate, definition: "perfectly clean, neat or tidy, ALSO free from flaws or mistakes- perfect" the last of which is more the idea, but I find it a little funny the tiny one can't seem to keep clean. It also harkens back to biblical reference to immaculate conception- which they seem to be a product of in a way since I've been removing egg sacks and this one just appears out of nowhere. Today Immaculate got a visit from daddy snail Pegasus. 

Resized_20210626_173255.jpg

Resized_20210626_173902.jpg

Resized_20210626_173402.jpg

Life always finds a way