RogueAquarium Introduction

Hey all, and thanks for reading my intro. I'm a 100% disabled vet in my early 30's with kids, dogs and since 2 years ago an ever growing collection of aquatic friends.

It was literally watching Cory's videos that made me decide to finally get into the hobby, and boy am I glad I did! My wife and kids all love it, and it's kept me sane through some of the recent tough times. Thank you so much for everything you do Cory!

I figured it's a good time to do intro's for our underwater friends/their tanks.

First, we have my daughters beta "Princess" Lemonhope (Yes... I know...she knows....she doesn't care) and his castle domain. She picked EVERYTHING in here, and drew the background herself. Lemonhope  lives alone, for lemon hope is a spiteful beasty who even kills helpful nerite snails for intruding on his kingdom.
20210614_225540.jpg.68c9e66d1eb3b5ff11772f43fc4da942.jpg

Next is Jet, my Beta. I didn't plan to get Jet, but when we picked up Lemon and Jet looked like he was about to die...so I saved him. Almost lost him daily for nearly 3 weeks and helped him recover from swim bladder disease, but he has been healthy and happy for about a year and a half now.

Jet recently got moved into my main Blue Diamond Neocarodinia main 10g tank to get more space after living with a smaller neo colony in a 5.5 for a year and a half and not eating a single one. They bread out of control in with him, so he has proved himself worthy to live in ShrimpTopia
20210614_225712.jpg.f80df3d04441fce8bbbe6ba5893ee87e.jpg

Next are my main guppy breading programs. One is a tank of Santa Clause that I am trying to breed into being green instead of blue (a trait I noticed in G1 as a mistake, but am now obsessed with) They are happy little guys. Cory specifically got me into guppies, and I absolutely love them.

20210614_225642.jpg.6c51d76d23473fc05539c6f50a298992.jpg

Next is my Koi Guppy breeding program, which takes up 2 tanks for now. I know that "Koi Guppy" are already a thing, but I don't like how they look. I WANT SPOTS! So I am breeding spots into them! I'm on G2 of having spotted white and orange ones, and am now trying to work in a calico color (which is what the 4 tuxedo boys are for, after the next generation is old enough to breed)20210614_225700.jpg.4cf2c7fa457cdbceeec1bd5fe3d01bef.jpg

Next is my (odd Neocarodinia castoff breeding) tank. It's just a 2 gal clear plastic bucket with a sponge filter and some cover for shrimp. won't picture it here, but I like how it looks on my desk. I use this to see if any of the odd mutants that I like the look of will reproduce. I have a small group of turquoise metallic looking ones I hope will pass their colors off!

Last is our most recent addition, and the one I am most concerned about.

I've been wanting a pea puffer for more than a year and a half, last week I finally got one! This little boy doesn't have a name yet, because I only saw the line on his belly and realized he was a boy today. He is in poor health, and I am REALLY trying hard to keep him around. (more on that in the disease section if you want to help) 

here is his 5.5G desktop tank, and the cuteness himself (even thought he is WAY too skinny..... PLEASE EAT LITTLE GUY!!!!!!)
20210614_225747.jpg.69a95ea04baefbdcbe1d57a69353b5bb.jpg
20210614_171034.jpg.ad478ab1f9351d9e0db1da2b763d58cf.jpg

Anyhow, thanks again for reading, Excited to be here. Wish I had come here back when I first started, but I guess it's time to make up for lost time. Hope you all have a great day!

20210614_225636.jpg

• Like 4

On 6/15/2021 at 3:20 PM, RogueAquarium said:

Hey all, and thanks for reading my intro. I'm a 100% disabled vet in my early 30's with kids, dogs and since 2 years ago an ever growing collection of aquatic friends.

It was literally watching Cory's videos that made me decide to finally get into the hobby, and boy am I glad I did! My wife and kids all love it, and it's kept me sane through some of the recent tough times. Thank you so much for everything you do Cory!

I figured it's a good time to do intro's for our underwater friends/their tanks.

First, we have my daughters beta "Princess" Lemonhope (Yes... I know...she knows....she doesn't care) and his castle domain. She picked EVERYTHING in here, and drew the background herself. Lemonhope  lives alone, for lemon hope is a spiteful beasty who even kills helpful nerite snails for intruding on his kingdom.
20210614_225540.jpg.68c9e66d1eb3b5ff11772f43fc4da942.jpg

Next is Jet, my Beta. I didn't plan to get Jet, but when we picked up Lemon and Jet looked like he was about to die...so I saved him. Almost lost him daily for nearly 3 weeks and helped him recover from swim bladder disease, but he has been healthy and happy for about a year and a half now.

Jet recently got moved into my main Blue Diamond Neocarodinia main 10g tank to get more space after living with a smaller neo colony in a 5.5 for a year and a half and not eating a single one. They bread out of control in with him, so he has proved himself worthy to live in ShrimpTopia
20210614_225712.jpg.f80df3d04441fce8bbbe6ba5893ee87e.jpg

Next are my main guppy breading programs. One is a tank of Santa Clause that I am trying to breed into being green instead of blue (a trait I noticed in G1 as a mistake, but am now obsessed with) They are happy little guys. Cory specifically got me into guppies, and I absolutely love them.

20210614_225642.jpg.6c51d76d23473fc05539c6f50a298992.jpg

Next is my Koi Guppy breeding program, which takes up 2 tanks for now. I know that "Koi Guppy" are already a thing, but I don't like how they look. I WANT SPOTS! So I am breeding spots into them! I'm on G2 of having spotted white and orange ones, and am now trying to work in a calico color (which is what the 4 tuxedo boys are for, after the next generation is old enough to breed)20210614_225700.jpg.4cf2c7fa457cdbceeec1bd5fe3d01bef.jpg

Next is my (odd Neocarodinia castoff breeding) tank. It's just a 2 gal clear plastic bucket with a sponge filter and some cover for shrimp. won't picture it here, but I like how it looks on my desk. I use this to see if any of the odd mutants that I like the look of will reproduce. I have a small group of turquoise metallic looking ones I hope will pass their colors off!

Last is our most recent addition, and the one I am most concerned about.

I've been wanting a pea puffer for more than a year and a half, last week I finally got one! This little boy doesn't have a name yet, because I only saw the line on his belly and realized he was a boy today. He is in poor health, and I am REALLY trying hard to keep him around. (more on that in the disease section if you want to help) 

here is his 5.5G desktop tank, and the cuteness himself (even thought he is WAY too skinny..... PLEASE EAT LITTLE GUY!!!!!!)
20210614_225747.jpg.69a95ea04baefbdcbe1d57a69353b5bb.jpg
20210614_171034.jpg.ad478ab1f9351d9e0db1da2b763d58cf.jpg

Anyhow, thanks again for reading, Excited to be here. Wish I had come here back when I first started, but I guess it's time to make up for lost time. Hope you all have a great day!

20210614_225636.jpg

I love your black betta and its tank (couldn't really see your daughter's betta) and the pea puffer is very cute. I'd look into getting one for myself if I didn't think it was outside my skill level (I'm VERY new to fish keeping)

Good luck with keeping the little fellow alive, and welcome to the forum! 🙂

• Like 1