20 Gallon Betta Bowl

ARMYVET

• 1 month later...

Love, love, love this!  I "awwwwwwww"-ed out loud when you bought her her favorite betta as a surprise.  I'm so happy that your evil (haha) plan to get your wife on board with your hobby worked out well and echo what everyone else said about how beautiful the tank turned out with the plants and hardscape. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2021 at 7:53 PM, SWilson said:

Love, love, love this!  I "awwwwwwww"-ed out loud when you bought her her favorite betta as a surprise.  I'm so happy that your evil (haha) plan to get your wife on board with your hobby worked out well and echo what everyone else said about how beautiful the tank turned out with the plants and hardscape. 

Thank you for such kind words.  I can tell you that not only is my wife on board.  She helped me In building a fish room in the garage.  We are now up to 20 tanks and soon adding more.  But that’s a whole new story to tell😜

• Like 3

@ARMYVET I am glad your wife is finally on board!

I spent quite some time trying to get my spouse on board, and right about the time I was ready to admit defeat.....

I offered to move the 4' tank out of my spouse's room and was told no in no uncertain terms. 

Today I was heralded with the new adventures of the latest fry, and last night we were looking at guppies together. After watching the fish at the livebearer show in FL, I was told no guppies because they looked miserable and couldn't swim right with the long tails, followed by "I thought these were guppies?"

Then we looked at videos of endlers livebearers.... and identified the so-called feeder guppies I got from the lfs for the turtle.

Still not as fully on board as your spouse, but starting to show interest in the 4' build I have spent 6 months gathering stuff for.

I'm waiting for full buy in, before I finish setting it up.

• Like 3