North Carolina Aquarium Stores

GoldenGardner

We're moving to North Carolina and I gave away my aquarium and my beautiful fish. I just couldn't picture them surviving a 3000 mile drive in the heat of summer. We went to visit the Raleigh/Durham area last week to check it out. I also went to the Fish Room. Has anyone been there and had experience? They had a wonderful selection of fish that looked healthy, a good selection of plants. Nothing was very deep in inventory but everything looked healthy. One thing I noticed was a lot of people came in to get refills of either fresh or salt water. Why would they do that? 

I also was wondering about other stores in the area and the experience people have had. We currently live near Aquarium Coop where I have found the customer service to just be wonderful so I'd love to find something like that, where I can get good quality advice as well as good customer service. 

On 6/14/2021 at 10:42 AM, GoldenGardner said:

I also went to the Fish Room. Has anyone been there and had experience? They had a wonderful selection of fish that looked healthy, a good selection of plants.

I sometimes sell angelfish to the Fish Room in Raleigh and it has always been a good experience. Most of the employees seem to either have undergraduate or graduate biology degrees. Mike, the manager of the Raleigh store watches the  Aquarium Co-Op YouTube channel and even participates in the chat sometimes.

Instead of making your own RO water or salt water made up from RO water, it can be cheaper and more convenient to just buy it at your LFS. I too saw a steady steam of customers coming in to get water.

• Like 1