Rubber Lip Pleco

Tiger

A couple months ago I introduced a rubber lip pleco into one of my tanks. The tank is heavily planted with driftwood. I've never once seen him eat, and I've tried feeding him many different things. I've tried blood worms, brine shrimp, algae wafers, pellets, zucchini, cucumber, and a few others. I've tried at different times of the day and night to feed him. I've also never seen him on the driftwood so I'm guessing that they don't eat driftwood like some other plecos. I've read other on other forums/sites that they are all wild caught and it's very difficult to get them to eat and keep them alive. Does anyone know if this is true? Also, if you do have one, what have you had success with getting yours to eat? Besides never seeing him eat, he seems to very healthy. 

If he has a full round belly he is probably eating when your not around some pleco can be very shy and secretive rubber lip are captive breed and wild caught it depends on which species you have and they are herbivores in the wild the majority of they diet is plant based 

On 6/13/2021 at 7:54 PM, Colu said:

If he has a full round belly he is probably eating when your not around some pleco can be very shy and secretive rubber lip are captive breed and wild caught it depends on which species you have and they are herbivores in the wild the majority of they diet is plant based 

Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't call it full and round. But it's also not sunken in and sickly looking. 

On 6/13/2021 at 7:56 PM, lefty o said:

if it has made it a couple of months, its eating. my rubber noses that ive had have liked to hide a lot, so not seen all the time.

I know he's eating but I want to make sure he's eating enough and not half starving. Also I see mine constantly. Definitely not shy like the typical pleco. I'd say I see him 4-5 times a day. What do you feed yours?