favorite game music

Lemon

I listen to mostly video game soundtracks for work; makes it easy to remain productive. An up-and-coming composer is Borislav Slavov who composed Divinity 2 and now Baldur's Gate. The song quirky bones is especially fitting for watching the corydora's go around the tank (Though even death metal will work with their movements).

Also a shout out to Jeremy Soule. The Elder Scroll series would not be the same without his musical additions.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is an xBox exclusive,  but the sound track to Ori and the Blind Forest is pretty second to none:

There was an update to World of Warships a little while ago where I swear there's a vocal sample from Oribital's "New France" that periodically pops in.  A nod to probably one of the greatest music videos ever (Phil and Paul- please don't sue WoW).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOGM1V6lCgM

Edited by NanoNano

• 2 years later...

I totally agree with you! Music from games is often underrated, but it can be absolutely fantastic. I have some favorite songs from games, too. Here are some of them:

"To Zanarkand" from Final Fantasy X.
"Ezio's Family" from Assassin's Creed II.
"Still Alive" from Portal.
"City of Tears" from Hollow Knight.
These songs are really memorable to me because they enhance the game experience and are great pieces of music in their own right. Especially they are great for playing online projects, yesterday was a great day at all, I found here Winaday no deposit bonus and then was able to win money in this game. It's amazing how game soundtracks can evoke emotions and become so memorable. I love listening to them even outside of the game. By the way, thanks for sharing your favorites! I'll be sure to check them out.

Edited by oplisdop

On 7/5/2023 at 11:57 AM, oplisdop said:

...Game music is often underrated but it can be absolutely fantastic.

... It's amazing how game soundtracks can evoke emotions and become so memorable. I love listening to them even outside of playing games.

Yes, game music's ability to raise or lower emotions, and in my case stress levels is underrated.  At work, I use it to dial a mood according to whether I need to pick it up or take it down a notch.