Air Pump Suspension

Travis

I was setting up a couple grow out tanks today. Because of where they are located I needed to mount my power strip, air pump, etc. on the wall. I came up with this quick and easy mount for isolating the air pump to limit how much vibration transfers to the wall.

I had some adhesive hooks (not sure what brand) that pivot in the middle. After mounting to the wall I added a felt furniture pad under the hook to hold it out. This keeps the air pump close to the wall but out just far enough to prevent it from touching. The felt pad helps absorb vibrations that transfer to the hook. 

I'm not sure this would work with a larger air pump but for these smaller ones it does the trick. Pumps pictured are the Aquarium Co-op USB Nano and the Aquatop 20

airpump3.jpg

airpump2.jpg

airpump1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2021 at 1:47 PM, Travis said:

I was setting up a couple grow out tanks today. Because of where they are located I needed to mount my power strip, air pump, etc. on the wall. I came up with this quick and easy mount for isolating the air pump to limit how much vibration transfers to the wall.

I had some adhesive hooks (not sure what brand) that pivot in the middle. After mounting to the wall I added a felt furniture pad under the hook to hold it out. This keeps the air pump close to the wall but out just far enough to prevent it from touching. The felt pad helps absorb vibrations that transfer to the hook. 

I'm not sure this would work with a larger air pump but for these smaller ones it does the trick. Pumps pictured are the Aquarium Co-op USB Nano and the Aquatop 20

airpump3.jpg

airpump2.jpg

airpump1.jpg

Efficient, clever, inexpensive. Very nice. Thanks for sharing!!

• Like 1