Electric blue acara eggs still good?

Ciachopoker

Hmm... Not so sure. I'm still a newbie to this hobby so take my advice with a grain of salt. With angelfish, if their eggs turn white, it usually means they are unfertilized. I'm not sure if this is the case with other cichlids. But, the unfertilized ones might rot in a few days. Hope this helps.😄

I think that may be the case. Parents are still young. I'm surprised mom dropped the eggs already. I actually thought she was a male because she is much larger then the other 2 in the tank. But at least I have a pair. 

The female has been picking at them recently so maybe they may not make it. But I hope 1 or 2 survive. 

Some are fertile, others are not. White eggs haven’t been fertilized. Tan / brown eggs are fertile and, if she lets them hatch and grow, will be Wigglers in less than a week.

Here are two treads to check out on breeding Electric Blue Acaras.

And here’s a journal thread that’s still active...

Hope these help! They’re such wonder fish. Herexx as a couple photos of our Acaras we’ve raised, some with other fish. So worth it!!

EBAs.png.b3cd736c6bdb29c21f9139d75a2d59ab.png

402313325_ScreenShot2021-05-27at2_14_05PM.png.109a217e3288bdb5a64233a2fe42eec9.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1