TOO much frozen brine shrimp?

JakeH

What are a few reasons I might want to slow it down with my frozen foods? I have been enjoying feeding frozen brine shrimp. I like to hold the cube with my planting tweezers and let the filter outlet blow the food apart. Maybe it’s in my head but the fish seem to react differently when the food jets across the tank. It’s been more enjoyable to engage with the tank this way. That aside, is there the possibility of ruining the fish for flake? Is there a nutritional reason not to over do frozen brine shrimp? I’ve heard that too much blood worms is not a good idea.

Edited by JakeH

Brine shrimp are great for bulking up babies because they're high in fat, but feeding them too often and without much variation can ultimately cause nutritional deficiencies and fatty growths in your fish. There's nothing wrong with feeding frozen brine shrimp a few times per week, but most adult fish need more roughage and variation in their diet. I feed repashy community plus to my pond fish because it has a nice balance between protein and vegetation and hand feeding them the gel food might give you the same sort of satisfaction as watching them go after brine shrimp. Here's what mine do when I hand feed them their repashy

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 5:26 PM, Nirvanaquatics said:

Brine shrimp are great for bulking up babies because they're high in fat, but feeding them too often and without much variation can ultimately cause nutritional deficiencies and fatty growths in your fish. There's nothing wrong with feeding frozen brine shrimp a few times per week, but most adult fish need more roughage and variation in their diet. I feed repashy community plus to my pond fish because it has a nice balance between protein and vegetation and hand feeding them the gel food might give you the same sort of satisfaction as watching them go after brine shrimp. Here's what mine do when I hand feed them their repashy

Thanks for the link! I have been thinking about trying repashy. There is something to be said for little rituals in the hobby.