my 20H gallon tank cycled finally :)

alcidmr

My tank finally cycled 😀. and my albinos corydoras and nerite snail are still alive, thanks to all that help me with there devise. now cant diced what other fish to add lol. but  i have a 5.5 Aqueon tank to cycle, can i use different BB or brand. the reason i ask is because my main tank was cycle with fritz zime 7 but i have a different the tetra safe start would that be a problem? thanks          

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, alcidmr said:

My tank finally cycled 😀. and my albinos corydoras and nerite snail are still alive, thanks to all that help me with there devise. now cant diced what other fish to add lol. but  i have a 5.5 Aqueon tank to cycle, can i use different BB or brand. the reason i ask is because my main tank was cycle with fritz zime 7 but i have a different the tetra safe start would that be a problem? thanks          

All bottled bacteria are hit-and-miss. For me, I'd trust Dr. Tim's or FritZyme 7 sooner than anything else. 

4 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

All bottled bacteria are hit-and-miss. For me, I'd trust Dr. Tim's or FritZyme 7 sooner than anything else. 

oh ok got it. because i put one of my little sponge filter from my 5.5 gallon in my 20 gallon so it could cycle how long woul it cycle for do you know and  i might not even need to out any bb bottle right or should i. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, alcidmr said:

oh ok got it. because i put one of my little sponge filter from my 5.5 gallon in my 20 gallon so it could cycle how long woul it cycle for do you know and  i might not even need to out any bb bottle right or should i. 

How long has the sponge been running in your already cycled tank before being added to the new aquarium?

1 minute ago, Fish Folk said:

How long has the sponge been running in your already cycled tank before being added to the new aquarium?

1 minute ago, Fish Folk said:

two days