unfair thread lock

Lemon

• Administrators

A bunch of people reported it. Hostility towards mods and other people. It’s as simple as be nice to one another. Anything else won’t be tolerated. There are hidden posts in it, so if you come across it after the fact it may not make sense.

Just now, Cory said:

A bunch of people reported it. Hostility towards mods and other people. It’s as simple as be nice to one another. Anything else won’t be tolerated. There are hidden posts in it, so if you come across it after the fact it may not make sense.

ok I was very confused why it was locked. maybe you could add "removed hostile posts" in the lock reason 🤷‍♂️

Fair. I did really like the topic @quirkylemon103, but flame wars suck for everyone. It is a pity that sometimes, due to the actions of a few, we cannot have nice things. I am seriously considering attempting a UGF in the future, I remember them being pretty great back in the day and when I restarted the hobby I didn't even know they still exsisted. 🙂 If I do, I will be sure to document my efforts!!

4 minutes ago, Brandy said:

Fair. I did really like the topic @quirkylemon103, but flame wars suck for everyone. It is a pity that sometimes, due to the actions of a few, we cannot have nice things. I am seriously considering attempting a UGF in the future, I remember them being pretty great back in the day and when I restarted the hobby I didn't even know they still exsisted. 🙂 If I do, I will be sure to document my efforts!!

I am thinking about switching my 20 long to a ugf too, and to fix some other mistakes like not having plant weights, and not painting the sides, and back

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARMYVET said:

WOW this is funny...I too am thinking of doing a new tank with an UGF.  Back in the day it was all we had and we managed to do very well with them.  I am thinking with live plants it would have to be very beneficial to have constant nutrient rich water being passed over the roots.  The only thing I am not sure of is whether or not to use root tabs?!? @Cory what are your thoughts on UGF with live plants and the use of root tabs?

This topic has drifted, if you don't mind @ARMYVET, I am going to split this off to a new thread "Root tabs and UGF?"

• Like 1

I spend hours a week writing on forums and working with forum moderators and owners.

This is the most ridiculous use of power outside of the government I have experienced on a forum.

Not only were your warnings vague they were unfounded.

This DID NOT HAPPEN!

Once a thread begins to veer from kind and helpful over to demands for evidence I start thinking about locking the thread. I am very close to locking this one.

I was sharing evidence, willingly and often, that is the POINT of forums.

Now I must find somewhere else to go.

Really poor job Cory I am surprised and disappointed in you!!

You just lost a very wealthy patron!

I am certainly not wasting my time here any more!

19 hours ago, Cory said:

Just because people report does not mean it is true.
I read nothing hostile towards anyone.

I was doing my best to ready everything that came in.

Nothing unexpected came through.

With my type of experience your are over moderating this forum.

Maybe I missed something! but shutting us ALL down is WRONG!

I do not stand for this type of censorship!!

Hate speech is protected by the US Constitution!!

26 minutes ago, aehageman said:

I spend hours a week writing on forums and working with forum moderators and owners.

This is the most ridiculous use of power outside of the government I have experienced on a forum.

Not only were your warnings vague they were unfounded.

This DID NOT HAPPEN!

Once a thread begins to veer from kind and helpful over to demands for evidence I start thinking about locking the thread. I am very close to locking this one.

I was sharing evidence, willingly and often, that is the POINT of forums.

Now I must find somewhere else to go.

Really poor job Cory I am surprised and disappointed in you!!

You just lost a very wealthy patron!

I am certainly not wasting my time here any more!

from an outsider, you just lost all credibility  with the  "you just lost a very wealthy patron".

• Like 5