Favorite bottom dweller?

LaurieinIA

I have a planted, 40 gal (cube), with a variety of tetras.  Lemon, Columbian blue, VonRio, & embers. I also have snails that are doing a great job keeping things clean, so I’m not worried about a “cleanup crew” per se. Just thinking about something to add some color/activity at the very bottom. Suggestions?

Not sure what substrate you have, but a school of corydoras is always a fun addition to any tank. In a 40b you'd probably have room for a good group of 6 and they're a very active little fish! As long as they get fed well, they are very hardy in general and come in tons of colors and sizes. Here's a link to a summary of some different types. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, H.K.Luterman said:

If you like weird little catfish, you could try an anchor cat. They're a little more than 1 inch big as adults and are peaceful. Not very colorful though.

anchor.jpg.a9da4e7f3214afe3ec82cf36eb9e17d5.jpg

Other than that I second the suggestion for cories. 

Wow! I have never seen that fish (or even a picture of that fish) before. Looks like a little stealth fighter coming in for a landing.

• Like 1

@H.K.Luterman that is one unusual fish. Thanks for sharing

I looked at some loaches, but I’ll be honest... they’re kind of cute when they’re small but the larger ones creeped me out a bit.  I have similar issues with plecos 🤷🏻‍♀️

I decided on some Albino Corys. Their color on my black substrate, along with their size, is what sold me.

thanks all for the suggestions!