Pea puffer parasites

Jake

I recently (about 2 weeks ago) purchased a pea puffer from a local big box store. The little guy looked pretty healthy, its eating well, seems to be active, and over all healthy. I noticed the other day however a brown spot on the stomach and now there are brown like granules on the body. I would attach a photo but its difficult to get a image that close to see it. You can imagine Ick but brown. On the stomach its just a brown dot not like a granuel. Any idea's what this could be? I do have meds for ick and another for parasites, but before I got dumping stuff in I wanna make sure I'm treating it right. My ph is 8.5 nitrate is low or none, the tank has been established for about a year, so well cycled. Temp is 74. Other fish in the tank are kuhli loaches, Cory's, snails, and Amano shrimp.

I recently (about 2 weeks ago) purchased a pea puffer from a local big box store. The little guy looked pretty healthy, its eating well, seems to be active, and over all healthy. I noticed the other day however a brown spot on the stomach and now there are brown like granules on the body. I would attach a photo but its difficult to get a image that close to see it. You can imagine Ick but brown. On the stomach its just a brown dot not like a granuel. Any idea's what this could be? I do have meds for ick and another for parasites, but before I got dumping stuff in I wanna make sure I'm treating it right. My ph is 8.5 nitrate is low or none, the tank has been established for about a year, so well cycled. Temp is 74. Other fish in the tank are kuhli loaches, Cory's, snails, and Amano shrimp.