Java fern and potassium

I'm my water I've been able to keep java fern alive but never thrive or really get any bigger for that matter. I saw someone saying that adding potassium can really help it along. I have some k2so4 dry fert from when I used to do EI dosing and was just wondering a starting point of how much to use with just easy green. 75 gallon with anubias, crypts and a ton of moss with the java fern

• Like 1

I’m a noob that has less that a year experience growing Java fern, but I’m starting to unlock their secrets. In my 75g I’ve been dosing Easy green at the medium light levels according to the label. I’ll add extra if my Nitrates get low. I’m also adding Leaf Zone according to the label for extra K. I’m having pretty good luck with only a few new brown spots, general bright green color and lots of new growth. 
The forum has a few EI masters so I’m sure someone will know the exact dose of dry fertilizer to add. 

• Like 1

A good All in one fert like Easy Green, liquid iron, Seachem Flourish Potassium, and Brightwell Aquatics Blackwater Clear is what I add in my weekly regimen, and every couple of weeks I add some deep sea minerals. This all isn't just for the Java fern  mind you but I do have a lot of epiphyte plants, and moss as well, besides my crypt, swords and stem plants, and the mix has kept my jungle happy and growing.

IMG_0417A.jpg

Edited by Jungle Fan
  • Like 3
  • Love 1