How Many Least Killifish (HETERANDRIA FORMOSA) for as 12g Tub?

Hello! So I ended up coming across a group of 24 Least Killifish (HETERANDRIA FORMOSA) for sale at a really good price, and was wondering if this sounds too much for a 12g Patio Tub? It has no filter, just heavily planted with different floaters and bog plants. If it does, I have my main 37g Tub which I was going and still plan to use for Ricefish but since those are coming in a little later in the Summer, would it be a better idea to throw the least killis in there for now? 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Northwest Fish Keeping said:

Hello! So I ended up coming across a group of 24 Least Killifish (HETERANDRIA FORMOSA) for sale at a really good price, and was wondering if this sounds too much for a 12g Patio Tub? It has no filter, just heavily planted with different floaters and bog plants. If it does, I have my main 37g Tub which I was going and still plan to use for Ricefish but since those are coming in a little later in the Summer, would it be a better idea to throw the least killis in there for now? 

A heavily planted 12g with floaters will be plenty for 24 least killifish. The population will explode quickly if you feed well but your floaters will help filter and they are a very hardy fish.

I have a bunch in a 10g only running plants and air stones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkSw5-udjY0

• Like 1
  • Love 5

On 6/9/2021 at 7:29 AM, TheDukeAnumber1 said:

A heavily planted 12g with floaters will be plenty for 24 least killifish. The population will explode quickly if you feed well but your floaters will help filter and they are a very hardy fish.

I have a bunch in a 10g only running plants and air stones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkSw5-udjY0

That is seriously cool.

• Thanks 1