Help with cryptocoryne

Hello today i ordered a crytocoryne wedntii from aquarium co op and i had some questions about its care.my first question was if it is recommended to cut off all the leaves because ive heard they tend to melt when they are newly planted.And my second question was if it would regrow if i cut it because im worried it might not grow back.

My experience has been almost 50/50 with Crypt replanting either melting back or taking off like gangbusters.  I suspect it all has to do with how different the water and substrate is in your tank vs where they were previously being grown out.  In the cases where I've had leaves melting I've also simultaneously had root decay going on,  so I'm personally not in favor of reducing the root structure when transplanting.

• Like 1

For me, I've had good luck leaving them in the pot they come in for a while, until either I see new consistent submerged growth, or strong roots coming out of the pot. At that point, I will remove it from the pot and plant it in my substrate as I think it is used to my water enough, and leave it with some fresh root tabs right next it in the soil. You could also put a root tab in the pot it comes in to help the process.

• Like 1