Hello from Tennessee

I got my first aquarium when I was 15 (1985) that I bought with yard mowing money and have had at least one since then except for about 4 years in the early 90's. I currently have 3 running at the moment. A 10 that I am trying to do small shrimp in with some success (not great), a 30 that has been going since 1998 that currently has 3 female and 1 male Cherry Barbs, a pleco, and a catfish that I have had since 1998, and an 80 that I just set up a few months ago. It has Von Rio tetras, Neon Dwarf Rainbows, Corys, and a Dwarf Gourami. The 80 has been a challenge, I find it hard not to keep buying more tanks to set up for different fish, shrimp, etc....

Anyone know what type of catfish this is and possible life expectancy?

Goliath_.jpg

It might be a hybrid. It's common to find featherfins crossed with other types of catfish in petstores, as it doesn't look 100% like a eupterus to me; the "hump" isn't as prominent and there's no giant, feathery dorsal fin. But anyways, yes, featherfins and other synodontis cats can be very long lived. 25+ years is common in good conditions. 

My featherfin as a comparison:

PXL_20210506_155842774.jpg.63a02d574528f9c09a3c5386534ef9f4.jpg

I'm looking up synodontis cats to see if I can find anything similar to yours.

Edit: Yeah, I'm stumped. Can't find anything that looks quite like that. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will see this thread. 

Edited by H.K.Luterman